Last Updated: July 23, 2015
This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Goodmeets, Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “our”). By using our website, located at http://www.joinwhim.com (“Website”), our mobile app, and/or other services we provide (collectively, “Whim”), or otherwise accessing the pages of Whim (collectively, the “Services” or “Service”) you become a user and agree to, and are bound by, the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as you continue to use the Services. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE WHIM APP OR ANY OTHER SERVICES WE PROVIDE. Your use of, or participation in, the Services may be subject to additional terms, and such terms will be either listed in this Agreement or will be presented to you for your acceptance when you sign up to use such Services. The Whim Service consists of a service for people interested in dating other people, and includes interactive content, community services, and date recommendations. Whim may offer additional services or revise any of the Services, at its discretion, and this Agreement will apply to all additional services or revised Services. Whim also reserves the right to cease offering any of the Services.
This Agreement is subject to change by us in our sole discretion at any time, with or without notice. Your continued use of the Services after the posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such revisions. Please consult the end of this Agreement to determine when the Agreement was last revised.
1. Minimum Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Services and to register for the Services. By registering to the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
2. Criminal History. By requesting to use, registering to use, and/or using the Singles Service, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and/or are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. WHIM DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. However, Whim reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm your compliance with this subsection.
Use of the Services
As a user of the Services (a “Registered User”), you agree to the following:
1. Personal Use. Your account is for your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that Whim is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your user names and passwords.
2. Geographic Limitations. The Services are intended for use in the United States only. You will only use the Services in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, United States export control laws. You are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country which the United States has (i) embargoed goods, (ii) identified as a “Specially Designated National”, or (iii) placed on the Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. Registration for, and use of, the Services are void where prohibited. To the extent that the Services are not legal in your jurisdiction, you may not use the Services. The Services may not be used where prohibited by law.
3. Information Submitted. You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, (i) the information and content you contribute to the Service; (ii) the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available (hereinafter “post”) through the Services; and (iii) your interactions with other Registered Users through the Services.
4. Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including dating. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting individuals through our service.
5. No Guarantees. Whim may not be able to provide matches for everyone seeking to use its services. Further, Whim makes no guarantees as to the number or frequency of matches through our service, or to such matches’ ability, desire or criteria to communicate with any user. You understand that Whim makes no guarantees, either explicit or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the our service or as to the conduct of such individuals.
6. Reporting of Violations. You will promptly report to Whim any violation of the Agreement by others, including but not limited to, Registered Users.
7. Content Posted by You on the Service. Whim reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the Services or post in the public areas of the Services. Whim will have the right to remove any such information or material that in its sole opinion violates, or may violate, any applicable law or either the letter or spirit of this Agreement or upon the request of any third party. Without limiting the foregoing, the following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited in the Service. You may not post, upload, display or otherwise make available Content that:
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- advocates harassment or intimidation of another person;
- requests money from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other users of the Service;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” (or “spimming”, “phishing”, “trolling” or similar activities);
- promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture- installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing, disseminating or creating computer viruses;
contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- provides information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminates another person’s personal information without his or her permission;
- and publicizes or promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
8. Updates Regarding False Information. If information provided to Whim or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify Whim of such change.
9. No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation. You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent. If you breach the terms of this subsection and send or post unsolicited bulk email, “spam” or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, or otherwise, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Whim, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Whim $50 for each such unsolicited communication you send through the Services.
10. Unique and Bona Fide Profile. As a Registered User of the Singles Service, you will create only one unique profile. In addition, your use of the Singles Service must be for bona fide relationship-seeking purposes in order to maintain the integrity of the Singles Service (for example, you may not become a Registered User solely to compile a report of compatible singles in your area, or to write a school research paper). Not all registered users are available for matching. From time to time, Whim may create test profiles in order to monitor the operation of the Services.
11. Selection of Profiles. Our service provides exclusive matching, and your profile will be selected to introduce you to specific matches based on our algorithm. You will be under no obligation to meet with or communicate with the match(es) we may introduce to you.
12. No Harassment of Whim Employees, Agents or Users. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any Whim employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any other user of the Services that you come into contact with through use of the Services.
1. Ownership of Proprietary Information. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Whim is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information, including without limitation, the matching algorithm, profiles, and profile questions. Whim owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the Services, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
2. No Use of Confidential Information. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Confidential Information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
3. Other Users’ Information. Other Registered Users may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. You agree that you will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, commercially use, or sell any Whim or third party proprietary information available via the Services.
4. License to Posted Content. By posting information or content to any profile pages or public area of the Services such as Advice, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Whim and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing. From time to time, we may create, test or implement new features or programs on the Services (e.g., rating of user photos or profiles by other users) in which you may voluntarily choose to participate, in accordance with the additional terms and conditions of such features or programs. By your voluntary participation in such features or programs, you grant us the rights stated in this subsection in connection with the additional terms and conditions (if any) of such features or programs.
2. No Contact Information. You agree that you will not post any e-mail addresses, personal website address or profile page you may have on a third party website, or other contact information in areas other than those specifically designated for this information, or in any other communications you may have with other users. You may, at your discretion, exchange such information after you are mutually connected through the company’s private message line.
3. Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that Whim may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend Whim’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
4. Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Privacy Statement, Whim reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any information that you submit to the Services, if in its sole opinion, Whim suspects or has reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that Whim, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Whim is permitted to make such disclosure.
5. Use of Anonymous Information for Research. By using the Services, you agree to allow Whim to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences through the Services to continue Whim’s research into successful relationships and to improve the Services. This research, conducted by psychologists and behavior research scientists, may be published in academic journals. However, all of your responses will be anonymous, and we will not publish research containing your personal identifying information.
6. Links to Third-Party Web Sites / Dealings with Advertisers and Sponsors. The Services may contain links to web sites of third-parties, including without limitation, advertisers, which are not under the control of Whim, and Whim is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. Whim provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that Whim endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party web site. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors found on or through the Services (including payment and delivery of related goods or services, any personal information or opt-in contact information voluntarily given to advertisers and sweepstake sponsors, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between you and such advertiser or sweepstakes sponsor. You agree that Whim will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of the information you supply to Whim with advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services. Please visit our Privacy Statement to learn more about how we use your information.
Disclaimer of Warranty
1. No Warranties. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. WHIM PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WHIM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. WHIM DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
2. Third Party Content. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by Whim, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. WHIM DOES NOT: (i) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES, OR (ii) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN WHIM. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WHIM BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANYONE’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
3. Beta Features. From time to time, Whim may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at Whim’s sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
Limitation of Liability
1. Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL WHIM BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF WHIM KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
2. No Liability for non-Whim Actions. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WHIM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
3. Information Verification. Whim and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and you agree that Whim and its contractors will have no liability to you arising from any incorrectly verified information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Whim, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of (a) your use of or inability to use the Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Whim reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Whim in asserting any available defenses.
To resolve a complaint regarding the Services, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication and Privacy
We may use your email address to send you messages notifying you of important changes to the Services or special offers. Further, we may contact you by telephone or by text message, in order to communicate with you regarding the Services.
Term and Termination
This Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance of the Agreement by your use of the Services and will remain in effect in perpetuity unless terminated hereunder. Whim reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion. In the event your access to any of the Services is suspended due to the breach of this Agreement, you agree that all fees then paid to Whim by you will be nonrefundable and all outstanding or pending payments will immediately be due. You may terminate your account by visiting “My Membership” page.
Cancellation At Any Time. Except as otherwise stated in this section, you may cancel your registration or subscription to any Services at any time during the term of such registration or subscription by accessing the “My Membership” page, clicking on “Deactivate My Membership” or "Put on Hold" and providing the information requested. Whim is not responsible for refunding for subscription already purchased.
1. Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that California law (without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles) will govern this Agreement, the Services and that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Services will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts in California. You acknowledge and agree that any violation of this Agreement may cause Whim irreparable harm, and therefore agree that Whim will be entitled to seek extraordinary relief in court, including but not limited to temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions without the necessity of posting a bond or other security, in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that Whim may have for a breach of this Agreement.
2. Miscellaneous. This Agreement, which you accept upon registration for the Services, the Privacy Statement located at joinwhim.com/privacy, and any applicable payment, renewal, Additional Services terms, comprise the entire agreement between you and Whim regarding the use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and Whim related to your use of the Services (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Agreement). The FAQ’s found on the Services are for informational purposes only and are not deemed to be part of this Agreement. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Agreement will survive termination of your registration to the Service. The failure of Whim to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of the Services or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible through the Services, please notify Whim at email@example.com as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Services;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Whim to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
6. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner. The above information must be submitted to Whim.
This Agreement was last revised on July 23, 2015.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information collected automatically: When you use Whim, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information may include:
1. Mobile Device ID. Your mobile device's unique ID number (e.g., IMEI).
2. Geographic Location. Your computer's or mobile device's geographic location when you register for Whim and when you sign up for a date.
3. Device Information/Specifications. Technical information about your computer or mobile device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, render graphics, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information.
4. Length and Extent of Usage. How long you used Whim and which services and features you used.
6. Web Beacons: “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize Whim for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers, such as whether an email has been opened or acted upon.
Information you choose to provide:
Information We Obtain From Facebook/Instagram. When you create a profile on Whim, you will have an option to pre-populate your profile information by connecting with Facebook and/or Instagram. This is optional, not required. In doing so, you are authorizing us to access certain Facebook/Instagram account information, including information about you and your Facebook friends. By allowing us to access your Facebook account, you understand that we may obtain certain information from your Facebook account, including your name, email address, birthday, work history, education history, current city, photos stored on Facebook, and the names, profile pictures, relationship status, and current cities of your Facebook friends. We only obtain information from your Facebook account that you specifically authorize and grant us permission to obtain. By allowing us to access your Instagram account, you understand that we may obtain any of the photos from your Instagram account. We will generally include the most recent photos in your profile.
Information You Provide Directly to Us. In addition, when you register with Whim, you must provide certain information, including your mobile phone number, zip code, and gender. You may provide additional information about yourself (such as your school, occupation, current city, etc.) in order to build your Whim profile. Any of the information you provide may be viewed at some point by other users of the Services.
Emails: We request an email address from you when you register with Whim. We use your email for both “administrative” (e.g., confirming your registration, notifying of matches) and “promotional” (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain a code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time via the opt-out links provided in such communications, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. However, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Whim such as service announcements, security alerts, update notices, or other administrative messages without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
Text Messages: As with your email address, we also may use your mobile phone number to send you texts for “administrative” (e.g., confirming your registration, notifying of matches) and “promotional” (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. We require a mobile telephone number in order to send you text messages when you have matches or a date. By registering with Whim you hereby authorize us to send text messages to your mobile phone for any or all of the purposes set forth herein.
Push Notifications: By registering with Whim and allowing push notifications, you hereby authorize us to send push notifications to your mobile phone to facilitate your engagement with the app.
Online Survey Data: We may periodically conduct voluntary user surveys. We encourage our users to participate in such surveys because they inform us with respect to what we can improve about our product and service. We do not link the survey responses to your name or email address, and all responses are anonymous.
How we use the information:
1. facilitate matches with other Whim users;
2. respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
3. communicate with you about Whim and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
4. monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
5. investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and 6. provide, maintain, and improve Whim and our overall business.
Use for Research and Blog Posts: In addition to the uses outlined above, by using Whim, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research into successful relationships, including how to create and foster these relationships, so that we may continue to improve the Whim experience. This research may be published in our blogs or interviews. However, all of your responses will be kept anonymous, and no personal information will be published.
Sharing Your Information
Information Shared with Your Dates: We will share your email address and mobile phone number with people we set you up on dates with, for coordination purposes. When you tap or swipe "Yes" on a potential match, you are accepting the possibility that you will be set up on a date with that person and that we will expose your email address and mobile phone number to him or her. The information we collect is used to improve the content and the quality of Whim, and without your consent we will not otherwise share your personal information with any other party(s) for commercial purposes, except when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers that support various aspects of our business operations (e.g., analytics providers, security and technology providers, and payment processors).
Legal Disclosures and Business Transfers. We may disclose any information without notice or consent from you: (a) in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; (b) to investigate or report illegal activity; or (c) to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Aggregate Data. We may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Referring Your Friends
We encourage you to refer your friends to Whim by sending them a pre-populated email or SMS about Whim. When your friends sign up, you earn free date credits. You agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering the email addresses or phone numbers of those individuals who would not be interested in Whim.
Updating or Removing Account Information
You may review or edit your profile as you wish, by logging into your Whim account using the information supplied during the registration process. If you would like to delete your account information, email us at email@example.com.
Third Party Sites
Whim may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
We do not target or allow persons under 18 years of age to use Whim, and we do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly delete such information from our files.
Securing Your Personal Information.
We endeavor to safeguard personal information to ensure that information is kept private. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Using Whim from outside the United States.
How to contact us